Dining in the Eagle River Area
While staying at Wild Eagle Lodge, you can always take advantage of the convenience and good food of our own on-site restaurant. The Eagle River Area also has many great restaurants specializing in everything from seafood and steak to local specialties. Don't forget one of Wisconsin's most famous traditions - the Friday Night Fish Fry! You can get a great fish fry at a number of other local eateries. Whether you are looking for a family-style restaurant or a fine dining atmosphere, you'll find it in Eagle River, where great tastes and cordial service come just as naturally as the beauty of the Great Northwoods. To follow are a few of our favorite cafes and restaurants!
Favorite Dining Establishments
- Riverstone: 219 N Railroad (next to the Visitors Center, take Hwy 45 into town) 715-479-8467 Our guests really love this place. It is a little more expensive than others but well worth it. **Derek recommends the walleye cakes.
- White Spruce: 419 N. Railroad St 715-479-1400 (take hwy 45 south into town)
A very good supper club.
- White Stag: 7141 Hwy 17 715-272-1057 ( Hwy 17 south towards Rhinelander)
The best for steak-grilled over open flame ** Julie recommends the char-broiled shrimp
- Michael’s: 1298 E. Dollar Lake Rd 715 477-2604 (take hwy 70 east out of town)
- Chanticleer :1458 E Dollar Lake Rd 479-4486 (take hwy 70 east out of town)
- Eagle Waters: 3958 Eagle Waters Rd 479-4411
Has a good Sunday brunch
- Captain Nemo’s: 3310 Hwy 70 E 479-2250 (take hwy 70 east out of town)
- Friendship House: 101 W Wall St 479-1070 (located right downtown off of 45)
Similar to a Denny’s but better.
- Mocha Moose
- The Flour Sack
- Leif's Cafe