You want your vacation to be something the family remembers for a lifetime. It shouldn’t be a stress for you to plan. Here are our top five tips from the Northwoods Vacation Experts at Wild Eagle Lodge:
- Make a list. As a family decide what are the top things you want; such as, a lake view, a sandy beach, next to a mall, a place to fish, etc.
- Do the Research. You probably have a good idea of the area or city you want to visit. The Internet is the best tool to search with. Checkout the area Chamber of Commerce website and the different lodging options in the area. Trip Advisor is a good place to find actual guest comments. Social network sites like Facebook will give you more pictures and information.
- Decide on dates to travel. What dates can your family travel and for how long? Do you want to take a long weekend or a week vacation?
- Call and check online for the best rates.Sometimes you can find a great online special for the dates you want to travel, but it doesn’t hurt to call and ask too. When calling ask for any specials they may be running or if a day or week later might change the rate. Changing your trip by day or week may make a big savings to you.
- Ask Questions! Most importantly ask questions to make sure this place will be a perfect fit for your family. Ask about the lodging so you know what to expect, but also ask about the amenities and things to do while you are there. Ask what there is to do with a 5 year old or a teenager so you know the kids will enjoy their trip. This is where your list from step one is helpful to make sure all your needs are met. Once you decide this is the place for you make the reservations.
If you have any further questions about planning your next family vacation give us a call. We’d be happy to help you ensure that your vacation is one to remember.