During the summer months Eagle River is bustling with commotion and things to do with your family. You can take a stroll down Wall Street and do a little window shopping or maybe stop by the Country Store for a hand dipped ice cream cone. Take the family on a canoe or tube trip down the Wisconsin River for a memorable day together enjoying the great outdoors. The opportunities are endless, which is why “What should I do with my family?” is one of the most common questions we are asked. To help you out a little we put together a list of some of our favorite summer activities as well as some that our guests have really enjoyed.
- Horseback riding – Rocking W Stables and Pine Point Stables are just minutes from the resort and offer great options for horseback riding. They both have trails that wind through the woods that will make your family’s excursion one to remember.
- Amusement Parks – Kart-Way and Elmer’s Fun Park offer a wide variety of family fun, from go-carts to mini golf and a number of other activities, you are sure to find something for everyone in the family to enjoy. Kart-Way is located just minutes from the resort and Elmer’s is about 15 minutes away.
- Golf – There are a number of golf courses in the area, varying in difficulty. It will be no problem to find the one that is right for you.
- Pirates Hide-Away – Located just down the shore from the resort, Pirates Hide-Away offers an ice cream shop, tiki bar, and most importantly of all, Pirate Ship Rides!
- Bond Falls – Located about 40 minutes north of the resort, Bond Falls offers a great opportunity for you and your family to see some of the natural beauty of the Northwoods. You can take your family for a hike around the various falls on the well-marked trails, or just have a great photo-op by the main falls.
These are just a few of the activities that you and your family can enjoy while you are staying with us here at the Wild Eagle Lodge. If you would like more information on any of these activities or would like a few more option, please give one of our Northwoods vacation experts a call.